Saturday, August 19, 2006

Craft Show

I sold $8 worth of magnets. That is it. I am so disappointed. I worked so hard to get all those things together and people barely looked. I did not sell one wallet. The other ladies that I shared the booth did not do well either. One did not sell anything, one sold 3 scrapbook embelleshments, and the other sold one pair of earrings and a dollar necklace. It started off raining and it ended raining. The middle was okay. There were so many people there but they were not buying from anyone. I don't know if I will ever do a craft show again. I can't tell you how upset I am.

4 Comments:

At August 20, 2006 8:44 AM, Blogger LJ said...

Oh I'm so sorry! Big big hugs!
This happened to me the first time. I tried it again and I did much better the second time. Please don't give up! It's probably just the time of year. When I did my second craft fair I sold around Chirtmas time and did much better. Everyone is looking for gifts at that time. Don't despair! Be proud of yourself. You set out to do something and you did it!! Hooray!!

 
At August 20, 2006 1:33 PM, Blogger LJ said...

Oh thank you for sharing the pictures. Your stuff is beautiful, it really is. Those altered buckets are sweet. Please don't despair or give up. Do it again!! At least for the next one you won't have anything to make! It's already done, no sweat!! :D

 
At August 20, 2006 2:16 PM, Blogger Sherry said...

LauraJ - Thanks. The paint cans are actually a friend's. There were four of us sharing the booth. Her site is linked in the sidebar - Papertraders.

 
At November 09, 2006 11:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! i got here from etsy... anyway don't despair~! haha lauraj is right, u gotta pick your timing and location/ visiting customers. i went to a flea w/ some friends, we sold nothing except 2 charm necklaces at a discount. and usually she sells them out online faster than she can make them. so.. heehe
it was a school event though, i guess the bazaar was just there for props. n too many competitors...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home